Advantages and Disadvantages of Internet : Essay, Speech, Paragraph
Essay on Internet
The Internet refers to the connection of interconnected networks using some standardized internet protocols and provides various information all around the world. The Internet is the important, popular and creative innovation in the world of technology. The Internet was invented by the two key people and they are Robert E. Kahn and Vinton Cerf. Around 3 billion people around the world are using the Internet. The countries using a large amount of Internet are China, U.S., and India. The organization that provides internet facility to the customers is known as Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they charge some fees for the service.
Advantages of Internet (Merits of Using Internet)
Example: Amazon, Flipkart, Snapldeal etc have got much exposure and have set a wonderful retail outlet online just because of Internet.
- You can do charity and donations online.
- You can make connections with your relatives and family members living far away from you.
- We can send and receive the various type of information such as messages, photographs, and emails.
- We can buy products online.
- We can sell our old products which are of no use.
- We can listen to the music online.
- We can watch online videos.
- We come to know about daily news whether national or international.
- We come to know about all the changes taking place in Stock Market.
- We can earn by doing jobs and internships online.
- We can buy products at a bargain price at the time of the festive season.
- We can send graphically decorated birthday cards.
- Before purchasing anything we can see its reviews online.
- We can find any information on Internet related to studies.
- We can also apply for jobs and internships online. We physically don’t need to go anywhere.
- We can also do video chat with our friends and relatives living away from you.
- We can also study online with the help of tutorial videos on any subject.
- We can watch movies online.
- Group discussions can also be done through the internet.
- Live events and live sports can also be seen on the internet.
- If you have missed any episode of your favourite daily soap, you can also watch that online.
- We can upload and publish our own articles, news and other information.
- We can book hotels, flight tickets, bus tickets, train tickets and movie tickets online.
- You can your electricity and other bills online.
- You can file your Income Tax Return online.
- Internet Banking is also available. You did not need to visit banks frequently.
Disadvantages of Internet (Demerits of Internet)
Example: It has created less personal and face to face touch with relatives. Once addicted to the internet, it traps you in its net; some innocent girls are being provided harm by the use of pornography on their pictures.
- We use the Internet excessively.
- We like the products online that are used by us rarely and we buy them and that is such a waste of money.
- Because of Internet people have stopped interacting face to face as they do video chat and online messages.
- The information shared on the internet is not 100 % accurate.
- There is a theft of personal information on the internet.
- Sometimes there is a wrong usage of your photographs on the Internet.
- It affects the studies of children.
- Cyber Crime is also going very common these days.
- Pornography videos on the internet are not accurate for children.
- There are so much spam emails, messages, and viruses that can affect your system and make it work slowly.
- There are a lot of contradictory reviews which make you confused for making a decision.
- The fee for using the internet with high speed is really high.
- We are so busy using the internet doing chatting, watching videos, listening songs that we don’t take rest which affects our health.
So here are some advantages and disadvantages of internet. Use the internet judiciously. Kindly share your views on this article by commenting.
Incoming Search Terms:
Advantages and Disadvantages of Internet : Essay, Speech, Paragraph4.2 (83.77%) 53 votes
Introduction: Internet is a world-wide network of computerized devices and servers. Data travels to and fro among computer systems and servers.
Around three billion people around the world are using internet. The countries with largest number of internet users includes China, United States, and India.
The organization that provides the internet facility to users is called Internet Service Provider (ISP). They normally charge a usage based fees from the customers.
There are many advantages of internet.
- We can make donations online.
- We can send and receive information across large matrix of computer systems. Through email service, we can send messages for both business and personal purposes.
- Internet has opened doors for virtual online offices.
- During the festive season, we don’t need to visit crowed stores to buy our stuff. We can make online purchases at a bargain price.
- We can send birthday greeting cards through the internet.
- Before making any purchases, we can check online for user reviews of the products that we intend to buy.
- We can use social media applications on our personal computer and mobile devices. In this way, we can reconnect to our old school friends.
- We can gather information for new job openings. We can also apply online for jobs.
- We can earn online by doing freelancing jobs, selling online, completing surveys, affiliate marketing, etc.
- We can also sell old items that are of no use for us.
- During idle time, we can listen to music or watch a video.
Also read: Essay on Internet and Its Uses
The disadvantages of internet are:
- We often tend to purchase those extra items that we rarely need. Such purchases are a wastage of money.
- The internet is not free. Sometimes, it hurts while paying bills.
- There are hundreds of vendors selling products of various brands. We get confused with too many choices.
- The transaction cost levied by the payment gateway providers decreases the margin of the online sellers.
- Too many contradictory review leads us nowhere.
- The physical distance among loved ones is increasing.
- Somewhere the emotional connect between people are missing.
- We feel helpless when the internet connection is down.
- We always remain engaged with many online activities such as checking emails, socializing, chatting, online shopping, business-deals, etc. We don’t get time to rest.
- Our life is moving at the pace of internet. We seldom spare few moments of peace for us.
We have the intellect to make smart choices. We should not allow internet to distract or disturb our mind. We should use it in a way that brings harmony in life.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and Articles