The Deconstruction Table block allows you to break down items into the primal aspects that they contain. It requires no fuel, but it does require staying in or re-entering the GUI to collect each research point.
The chance of obtaining research points is directly related to the aspects of the items supplied:
- Only primal research points are given, and only one at a time.
- A given primal can only be produced if it is a component or sub-component of some aspect contained in the item. Note that Humanus and its compounds contain all the primal aspects.
- Items with large aspect numbers and/or complex compounds are more likely to give a point than those with a few simple aspects.
- There is apparently an equal chance of getting any primal available from any of the item's aspects, regardless of the original aspect's structure, or the relative amounts of different compounds.
For example, a simple dirt block will very rarely yield a research point, and when it does it can only yield Terra. Nether wart likewise rarely gives a point, but if it does it can give any primal. However, a more complex item, such as wool, will usually grant a point, again of any primal aspect.
There are some common items that can provide any primal, some of which will usually yield research points for each item. Here is a short list of some of the best things to use, based both on their aspects and their ease of production.
- Crafting Tables
- Greatwood logs
- Wheat (only about 30-35% chance of a point, but easy to produce in quantity)
- Nether wart (only about 10% chance of a point, but likewise available in quantity)
"There comes a point in any thaumaturge's career where he is unable to progress with research due to his lack of knowledge.
One possible resource is the Deconstruction Table. The table allows you to break down objects into their simplest parts which you can examine. There are limits however - the table breaks down common component aspects until only their primal aspects remain. During this process much knowledge is lost and the best thaumaturge can hope for is a single piece of primal knowledge.
For example, cobblestone (saxum and perditio) will be simplified into 2 terra and 1 perditio, only one of which will have a chance of being discovered.
It is also fairly slow and the fewer aspects the object has, the lower the chance to discover something."
Research Details Edit
The Deconstruction table is crafted at an Arcane Worktable, using a Golden Axe, a Golden Pickaxe, a Table, and a Thaumometer, at the cost of 10 perditio (normal vis rates).
Ты очень бледна. - Затем повернулся и вышел из комнаты. Сьюзан взяла себя в руки и быстро подошла к монитору Хейла. Протянула руку и нажала на кнопку. Экран погас.